Super easy. There are three ways:
- If you've found a perfect sitter who is available on the dates you're looking for, you can click the "Book Now" button on the sitter's listing. This will send a Direct Booking request to the sitter.
- If you choose to pay by credit card, this will also put a temporary pre-authorisation on your card for the full booking amount. Once the sitter confirms, you'll actually be charged. Naturally, if the sitter declines or the booking expires, the pre-authorisation will be automatically cleared and no charge will be made.
- If you choose to pay through iDEAL, the full amount will be charged to your account immediately. As with credit card payments, if a sitter declines or the booking expires within a day, we automatically refund you the full amount.
- If you've been chatting with a sitter about particular dates through an Enquiry (that is, if you clicked on "Send a Message"), you can ask the sitter to send you a Pre-approved Booking, which you can then confirm and pay for online.
- The sitter can send you a Custom Booking, if you've made a special arrangement through your chat with them.
Please note: bookings need to be confirmed through DogBuddy for you to benefit from our veterinary and public liability insurance while your dog is in the sitter's care. Paying in cash is not only against the DogBuddy Terms & Conditions but it is also unsafe, as we're not able to cover the booking with our insurance, or assist you and the sitter in the case of emergency. Please let us know instantly if a DogBuddy sitter has asked you to pay them in cash by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I contact a sitter?
How do I pay and how is my information stored?
When do I have to pay?